So here I share one of my decorating ideas for a summer event! It is a pineapple turned into a flower vase 🤗
The result is so beautiful and refreshing! A simple tropical decorating idea to make!
What you will need 🛒
- Pineapple (ideally symmetrical so that it hold in place)
- Sharp knife
- Ice cream scoop
- Cutting board
- Small glass jar or plastic bottle
- Hand blender (optional)
- Flowers and/or greenery (your choice)
Step 1: Cut the top of the pineapple
💡You can keep the head of the pineapple and replant it in the ground!
Step 2: Empty the pineapple
To empty the pineapple, there are two methods you can try. I alternated between the two methods, as pineapple flesh can be hard to remove.
1. Make incisions in the flesh with a knife. Then use an ice cream scoop to remove the flesh from the fruit.
2. Use a hand blender. This method allows you to drink a nice pineapple smoothie along with your preparation 😉😋
❗For both methods, you have to be careful not to puncture the pineapple hull. Leave 0.5 to 1 cm of flesh around the edge.
Step 3: Place a small jar or water bottle inside the pineapple
So here you can test with any jars you have or cut up a plastic bottle. The goal being that the container doesn’t stick out from the pineapple.
Place the chosen container in the pineapple and then add water.
Step 4: Place your arrangement!
The final step is to place your flower arrangement in the container inside the pineapple. Depending on what you want to achieve, you may need to cut the stems to adjust the height of the flowers.
💡If you wish, you can change the color of the pineapple by using spray paint.