Want to do something different from traditional Christmas cookies this holiday season?
Why not use your cookie cutters to make Christmas Jell-O bites (with alcohol or not)!
The process is very simple! Start by choosing your shapes and the color of your Jell-O.
In our case, we chose a Christmas tree 🎄, star ⭐ and gingerbread man cookie cutter!
Here are the colors we have chosen for the Jell-0 :
- Green 🟢 for the tree
- Blue 🔵 for the star.
- Since there was no brown for the gingerbread man, we chose a Purple 🟣.
We used two packages (85g) of each color of Jell-O. You can use larger packages, but be sure to adjust the amount of ingredients accordingly.
It is ideal to place the Jell-O mixture in a rectangular glass dish. This makes it easier to create your shapes !
Quick & easy to prepare
For the first step, I followed the instruction on the Jell-O packets which is to add one cup of boiling water for each bag.
I then added the mixture of 2 Knox gelatin packets to make sure the Jell-O was stiff (follow the instructions on the packets).
*This step is essential, if the Jell-O is not stiff enough you will not be able to use the cookie cutters!
If we continue to follow the directions on the Jell-O packets, it says to add 1 cup of cold water for each bag.
Since I wanted Jell-O with alcohol🍾, I substituted 1/2 of the cold water with the alcohol of my choice!
Once all the ingredients are mixed, place the dishes in the fridge for 6 hours or more until the Jell-O is super stiff!
You can use the cookie cutters directly in the glass dish. Or cut out squares or rectangles of Jell-O, remove them from the dish with a spatula and place them on a flat surface.
You can use a knife to go around the cookie cutter to make sure the Jell-O is separated.
Christmas Jell-O bites (with alcohol or not) 🎄
- Christmas cookie cutters
- 2 Packs (85g) of Green Jell-O
- 2 Packs (85g) of Blue Jell-O
- 2 Packs (85g) of Purple Jell-O
- 6 Packs of unflavored gelatin
- Alcohol of your choice (vodka, rum…), Optional
- Decorative candies, Optional
- Empty the Jell-O bags of one color into a rectangular glass dish.
- Add the indicated amount of boiling water, in my case it was 1 cup for one packet. So I added two cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Prepare the Gelatin according to the instructions on the packet. Then add the Gelatin to the mixture.
- For Jell-O with alcohol : I added 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of the alcohol of my choice. For non-alcohol Jell-O: Add 2 cups of cold water.
- Once everything is well mixed, refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Once the Jell-O is stiff, have fun! 🙂