Looking for a cute and delicious bite-sized idea for Halloween 🎃? Here’s my recipe for mini pumpkin cheese and red pesto that was perfect for my pumpkin carving party!
Mini Pumpkin Cheese & Red Pesto 🎃
- 300 g feta cheese chilled, or cream cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Red Pesto
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Pretzels Sticks
- In a small bowl, combine feta, red pesto and paprika.
- Cover a plate with parchment paper.
- Using a small amount of the cheese mixture, form a ball (slightly larger than the size of a cherry). Place the ball on the plate and repeat until you have used all the cheese mixture.
- Just before serving : remove each cheese pumpkin from the parchment paper and insert a small piece of pretzel stick into each pumpkin.
- Decorate with chives : fray the stem lengthwise. This will make little curled stems.
- Add pretzel sticks and chives just before serving.
- You can serve the pumpkins directly on a serving tray or on crackers.
- The red pesto and paprika give the pumpkins their orange color.