Type of wedding ceremony
We had the choice between two types of ceremonies : legal or symbolic
- Legally recognized by the country where you are getting married.
- Celebrated by a judge or other competent entity
- Requires specific documents to be provided in advance, which vary depending on the destination. (some countries have more complicated paperwork)
- Costs are higher due to the officiant’s fee.
- It is not legally recognized in the country where you hold your ceremony.
- You must provide a copy of your legal marriage certificate. *We had to translate it in English and provide it 4 months in advance. This should be taken into account when choosing your legal ceremony date in your home country.
- It is flexible! You can choose the course of the ceremony (exchange of rings, vows...), your officiant, add cultural elements or a personal touch!
We opted for a symbolic ceremony 😊. Our legal ceremony took place in a small church 💒 in the town where we met. Only our immediate family was present.
So we had the legal ceremony in the Canadian winter ❄ and the symbolic ceremony in the Caribbean 🏝!
It’s up to you to decide what works best for you!
Depending on the location, several documents will be sent to you including the wedding packages options.
How to choose your wedding package ?
Read the details ! 🧐
Very important! Take the time to read every detail, they can be written in very small characters, hidden or poorly explained … Do not hesitate to ask questions and revalidate the information ideally in writing to keep track!
Your needs 📝& your budget 💰
It’s very easy to fall into the trap of wanting the most expensive package 💲 thinking they cover all our needs. But on closer look, there are many unnecessary features.
Always ask yourself, is this necessary or does it add value to my wedding?
Supplements to pay 💸?
You may have to pay extras for things that are not covered in the wedding package. Like for example, our hotel packages only included service for 20 people. There were 70 of us! So, we had to pay extra for each additional person….
You can save money 💸😊! before you decide to add extras on decorations, check if it’s something you can find cheaper in your country and that you can carry with you!